Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Slice of Life

I’m graduating in April. I feel like I’m on the edge of saying good bye to a life I’ve been living for a long time—and I don’t know what my new life is going to be, yet. Teaching. I know that much so far.

I’ve been thinking about my whole life, not just next year. What am I going to do with my whole life? So I’ve been thinking of what’s coming next and what I want my life to be.

I want my life to be full of writing.
I want my life to be full of people: friends and family and neighbors and students
I want my life to be full of books and foreign languages.
I want my life to be a life of airports.
I want my life to be Mormon and Jewish at the same time.
I want my life to be full of the Bible, too full.
I want my life to be like the life of bell hooks. I want to fight something worthwhile.
I want my life to be a life of coming to voice, of saying something important.
I want to my life to be more simple, slower with more laughing moments.
I want my life to be full of music, another way of coming to voice.
I want my life to be within walking distance of Hurva Square.
I want my life to be lots of birthday parties with lots of cousins who are always around.

I want my life to be something I’m living now.


No comments:

Post a Comment