Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Galilee: Mount of Beatitudes



The Sermon on the Mount.
Matthew 5.
Beatitude: To be blessed. To be happy.To be fortunate.



The nun who yelled "Silencio! Silence!" in the microphone if anyone laughed too close to the doorway where she was standing was my favorite person. There was a group of Africas who stopped in their tracks and listened while Rachelle and Megan performed "Consider the Lilies" for our group. The women wore the traditional two piece dresses, all of them orange and gold and the men wore jeans.  One group of teenagers got the wrath of the nun when they all laughed at the edge of the church's porch by the palm trees. I listened to a tour guide in her blue t-shirt and baseball cap give a lecture in Hebrew and I wondered what the words were that she was putting around the word "beatitude" which sounded gravelly so that I almost missed it. She pointed behind her and the man in front of me wrote in swirls in his notebook. I could listen, that was all.

No comments:

Post a Comment