Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Sweet Sixteen Sid!



Sid, if you’re wondering where this picture was taken, it was at Washington Irving’s House in NY

The Top Ten Reasons why I love you:

ONE: I love your dance moves, especially the ones that come out during long car rides: milking the cow…. I don’t think I need to say anymore…. I love how you laugh and tell me I’m so weird during dance parties but then I catch you doing my moves later.

TWO: I love how happy listening to music makes you. I’ve yet to come home without you saying, “Ash, come here, I want to show you a song.” But it comes in handy when people are impressed with my good taste in music…aka your taste in music. I know you don’t always appreciate the singing, violin, and piano playing I bring home but at least we can agree on Regina Spektor music. J

THREE: I love your laugh. And how you always laugh in the middle of all your stories. And all those YouTube videos we watch and laugh at together.

FOUR: I love how much you love cooking. Mostly I love eating your cupcakes and cookies and everything else you whip up. My piano kids always know when our ‘in-house’ chef made the treats for group lessons or when I attempted to do it. They love those little chocolate balls you make.

FIVE: I love how you are willing to help me out. It might take a little coaxing but I know I can call you up to ask for your help. It’s you who helps me out with ipod, cell phone, blog problems. You cook for my tea parties and piano lessons—even if you skip out on the tea parties I invite you to. Just kidding, I’ll get over it…maybe.

SIX: I love how I can text you and you respond in about a quarter of a second. If I need to get a hold of anyone I call your phone because you always answer on the first ring.

SEVEN: I love that I can count on you to comment on my blog and send me long emails when I’m far away. I love that it sounds like you’re talking to me in your emails. Your blog is hilarious and I love that half the posts have pictures of Ginny. I miss that fatso.

EIGHT: I love how good you are with kids. Just not when you steal babies away from me. You’re good at taking care of them. Making Emmy lunch on Sundays and holding Iris during Sacrament meetings.

NINE: I love how I can always count on you to crave Café Rio when I crave Café Rio. I don’t think you’re never NOT craving Café Rio. Remember that one time we went to pick up our salads at the to-go register and the girl working didn’t even bother asking for your name. I might take me a long time to start craving Café Rio again. There’s rice in those salads.

TEN: I love that I find my books on your bookshelf. I’m so excited that you are starting to read all the books I love. The Hiding Place, To Kill a Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice, Twilight. Just kidding. I’m so glad you have listened to my wisdom and banned Twilight from your life. Remember that day we sat in the bookstore at BYU and read Twilight comics and Interviews with Stephanie Meyers and laughed so hard we cried?

11. I love your/my bed haha

1I I hope you had a great day! I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ash! That was super nice of you- really, it meant a lot. :) I guess you not being here makes up for my absence at all of your parties. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also, I love that you actually have 11 not 10 reasons. :) I'm just above and beyond, I guess. . . Just kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH, just another thing, wasn't it Washington Irving's house?

    ReplyDelete