Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude


Being in China has given me a few more things that I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving.


Chinese Children

Email

Trains

My roommate Dayna

Livre de Mormon (63% of the way done)

Journals

The Dayna and Ashley Playlist

Warm running weather

Street Market Noodles

Baby Bums (pictured below)

English to Mandarin Dictionary (I have no idea how to say those words I just point to the Chinese character..... which has come in handy many times)

Yogurt Milk (also pictured below) I could probably drink a carton a day

Squatters (yes, I will miss mine)

Being a celebrity everywhere. I love attention.

My Kindle

My new SLR camera

Pictures of Ginny and Home

Family and amazing friends

Traveling through China…..going to Xi’an tomorrow!

Living in China


P.S. You have no idea how hard getting baby bum pictures turned out to be.

Diapers aren't a commonly used item in China. So baby pants have big slits up the back so they can squat wherever they are. This is a common site:

Both these pictures were taken during the two hours we spent at the Nanjing Zoo. I am impressed with these mothers, though, who are very in touch with their baby's bodies. I don't think American mothers would be able to pull this off without training haha

No comments:

Post a Comment