Friday, May 28, 2010

Wicked

When in London, go to five plays in one week. It's nice. I've seen War Horse, The Tempest, Lion King,Wicked, and on Saturday London Assurance. (Not to mention one next Monday, Tuesday,and Wednesday)

Wicked! Ahh I've been waiting to see this play ever since I went to New York when I was a junior and couldn't see Wicked because Broadway was striking. I've been listening to the soundtrack for a long time, but I had no idea what the story was. It was fun to see how everything fits together and the music was incredible. The story line is clever sometimes as far as connecting it to The Wizard of Oz but pretty silly. This was the third time my friend Ariel has seen Wicked and she said Elphaba was the best one she has ever seen.


They only had single seats left when we bought tickets so we had to sit by ourselves. I was just reading before the play started when I started getting distracted by the people next to me. They were pulling out maps of London and guide books so I asked them if they were visiting London. (You know because I'm local now and not a tourist haha) We started talking and they said yeah they were just visiting. They were from the States. I asked them where they were from and they're like "Salt Lake City. Utah." No way. They almost died when they heard I was from American Fork. The husband said he would try to forgive me for that. Not sure what that means--Salt Lake isn't THAT different. They were definetly Mormon too. Isn't that crazy? I can't get away wherever I go haha

P.S. I took a country walk in Kent today with my study abroad group. Didn't see Mr. Collins around unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment