Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saved By the Pinkie

This was the latest adventure in London. So my friend Britt and I were on the tube one night just hanging onto the rails like any other London traveler. Well Britt was blocking this man from getting off the next stop so I told her he was trying to get out. She let go of the bar and moved back so he could get out and then I had to let go so he could get out the door. Bad mistake. The tube jolted just at the moment and Britt went flying back into our fellow British passengers and then I went flying after her. I could see her going down so I stuck out my hand and we locked PINKIES haha and I pulled her up by my pinkie. We thought it was hilarious and we're sitting there laughing (after we grabbed back onto the pole again) and all our fellow passengers were just staring at us and NOT laughing. I had no idea my pinkie was so strong. It must be from all those years of piano lessons. See Dad-- it wasn't a complete waste of money :)

Also at the tube stop once I saw this sign which I thought the Parsons would be excited by:

I went on my first double decker bus ride too. I was so excited when I found out it was free to ride on these things with our tube pass! We passed into a more country side of London and it was my favorite area so far. This is me and Britt on the double decker bus and a cute pub we passed out in the country.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! What a great pinkie story! :) And a doubledecker bus, too? I've ALWAYS wanted to ride on one of those. And that pub is so cute! Now I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love the Parsons Green! :) You must tell us if you see any parsonages during your travels...

    ReplyDelete