Wednesday, April 28, 2010

London for the first time!



This is Miriam,me,Katie,and Annalee just getting off the plane and trying to find the Heathrow Express (inspiration for the Hogwarts Express?)We are just as tired as we look! It was a long, long plane ride. I sat by this funny black guy who was moving to London! He had been "commuting" from Washington D.C. to London every couple of weeks because his wife lived in London and he was still working in America. I've been planning this trip to London for so long it was weird to me that for some people flying to London was an everyday event.

Did you know that London people like to be called "English" and not "British"? And that they call the middle part of a man's suit sweater vests? The things you learn sitting next to random airplane seat mates.


So there's this scene in Parent Trap where Lindsay Lohan is driving in a cab through the London streets and I felt like I was living in that scene! I almost started singing the song too but decided to just take everything in instead.


We saw people who looked like boy scouts riding through Hyde Park.

And cars driving on the wrong side of the street. (And the cab driver drove on the wrong side of the car just like the movies) And we passed Notting Hill Drive or Notting Hill Street or Notting Hill something.
And all of us screamed when we saw the "flats" where we will be living for the next six weeks.

It's kind of weird that I'm hearing the noise of cabs and double decker buses and people out on the streets of London right now outside my window!

3 comments:

  1. Really! Ashley I am wearing all of your clothes whether you like it or not. Revenge is good :) haha just kidding. I am very jealous of you right now. Next time you go be sure to take me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't believe you're actually in London!!! The "flats" look awesome, you're driving on the wrong side of the road, and you're in ENGLAND. I am so jealous. Try not to be overcome by all the accents... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There she goes, there she goes again. racin through my... i dont know the words! ha ha Oh Ash! i just got cold chills!I am so excited for you! looks and sounds like you are having so much fun! oh the parent trap! How we love! That just sprung some good memories back to my brain! you be careful out there little girl! i am so excited for you! live every minute of it! keep posting stuff! I can't wait to read! Love you ash and please be safe!

    Love EM

    ReplyDelete