Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jonah

So my roommate was called as a sunday school teacher which has been a very traumatic event in her life. One night I came home and she was laying across the couch staring at the wall with the manual on the floor. When she asked me what she should do for her lesson, I suggested opening the book to begin with. Then her cousins called and invited her to spend the weekend in Salt Lake with them and she jumped at the chance and found someone else to teach the lesson. When her cousins found out what had happened they told her she was the newest living Jonah..... running away from God's call. It's probably a good thing she moved to Utah... a land locked state! It's kind of joke now in our apartment. So I do have to agree with Steven Walker... Jonah's story is pretty funny. But mostly when it's happening to somebody else....

8 comments:

  1. False. This story is completely fabricated. Maybe. But I have taught every week since then, so pretty sure this negates that story, making it in fact false.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a pretty good nap when you taught the lesson the Sunday I was there. . ..Hahah jk jk LaLaLa- LAUREN!!!!! Temecula!!!!! aaaahhhhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please, you were hanging on my every word. for real. who desperately raised their hand every time i asked a question hoping for some form of acknowledgment? that would be you.

    love you bestie :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a disease. It makes my hand jolt in the air when I sleep and it is followed by scriptural grumbles. . ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh like today in book of mormon when you were miming a basketball player and thought you were called on when really the person two rows back was being chosen and everyone thought you were insane? yep, true story. except you didn't know. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. [hahaha's to be read in a sing-songy mocking tone]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well,
    when opportunity comes knocking Lauren,
    answer the door!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well unfortunately you are now just repeating yourself, without even correctly applying the phrase. double fail. I can't even be bothered to respond to a phrase this lame.

    ReplyDelete